Skip to main content

What's in Luce's Favor? The Devil Responds


Dearest Deacon Tom:
You are pretty brash to confront me directly. Everyone mistakes me for the enemy. Not true! Actually, I am swirling around you in an effort to keep you from deluding yourselves. The delusion is there is some great messiah who will somehow come and rescue your species from what seems to be an inevitable and incurable tendency to self-destruction. My solution has always been the same: power, honor, riches, and pleasure are good for success. It’s when you think they are vices that your world unravels.
For hells sake let me make this a better world for you. I can demonstrate the key to having the greatest life you can. You just have to trust me. I tell no lies.
But now I'm being blamed for what you call atrocities in the Middle East.  I am not the author of political correctness when it comes to radical Islam; I think the author is some former graduate of Harvard who I really can’t claim credit for simply because he’s accomplished a lot on his own and doing well for himself. At a prayer breakfast he blamed it all on the Inquisition and Crusades. I happen to agree.
Here’s the scoop. War is necessary and effective. Peace and appeasement are the blockade to the unification of your species because there will always be some twit out there like a Hitler who acts so strangely so as to supposedly give me competition. I am more subtle than that. I am your species’ salvation. The guy who supposedly died on a cross 2000 years ago is dead. The purported stories of his resurrection are fictitious.
Indeed, I am a spirit who can materialize into shapes that your species recognizes. I can materialize into animals and human beings. My purpose is to give you clues how to survive in a world that is meant to overcome you. Didn’t the Bible say: Thou art dust and unto dust thou shalt return?” Some say I am a bad angel. That's a little judgmental. However, it is right to say that we whisper into your ears in order to give you a fighting chance against the natural forces and delusions you encounter in your world. And while I spend all this time trying to gain your trust at my own cost and to my own detriment, I am forced to endure criticisms of my “badness”, my “evilness”. Enough already! Let’s call a truce. Even though the "doomers" and "gloomers" propose that the end of the world is to come shortly. Ha! That’s one I’ve been watching for eons and from my super bowl seat.  Um…I don’t think so, at least not in my life time.
We will make much more progress if you just listen a bit to my advice concerning your need to enjoy life. Life is too short to be anxious about anything. Like the song says, “Don’t worry, be happy.” One of my favorite quotations is not from Shakespeare which you like to throw in my face, but rather from the Rubayat of Omar Khayyam. I quote: “And if the wine you drink and the lips you press ends in all the nothings ALL things end in, yes, Then fancy while thou art, for thou art nothing and thou shalt not be less.  It’s like saying, eat, drink, and be merry. You know, “carpe diem.”
Hey Reverend Mister, you make way too much of a philosophical sop out of me. I’m just your everyday spirit who wants to ease you through life one day at a time. Don’t worry about confessionals, or repenting, or feeling guilty, or even whether or not you stick to moral codes. You have those supposedly built within you although that’s a delusion that works against you and in my favor. And so you ask, “what's Luce’s favor?”
I play a numbers game. Luce’s favor is convincing as many of your kind as possible to live like the God you think exists but doesn’t. Live like the Supreme Being you have created in your minds to justify your own power grabs and narcissistic ventures. As for me being the father of narcissism, well I can only say that if I looked into a clear lake, I would not see my own reflection as spirits have no physical dimension. So it would be impossible for me to fall in love with myself. Additionally, as a spirit, I have no emotions. Love is out of the question; but my oh my, I love to see your species drunk with pleasure, wine glasses full, and living like there is no tomorrow. There will ALWAYS be a tomorrow. Lighten up friend.
More to come my friend.  Remember, I am your savior from yourselves. Please believe in me or at least believe me.
Your BFF
Luce (aka The Devil)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11, 2001, A Tuesday, Not a Day Like Anyother

  On September 11th 2001, a Tuesday, I was set to fly to Washington, D.C. for the first gathering of the inductees to the Excellence in Government Fellows. We were to meet on Wednesday, September 12th at the Willard Hotel for the initial ceremonies and series of week long events for those of us from across the nation who were to participate. I originally had my flight on the Monday before, September 10, but decided to switch my flight. If I had departed that Monday, I would have been in the middle of it all. I remember getting up early that day since the American Airlines flight was to depart from Albuquerque for Atlanta at 8 a.m. with a connecting flight to Ronald Reagan International in D.C. later that afternoon. It was still dark outside when my Red 1998 Dodge Ram Quad Cab pulled into the extended parking area. I travel light so I had two bags. Took the shuttle from extended parking and the sun still was not near its rising point. It was about 6 a.m. I got to the airport, and

Life: Pinata Parties, Catastrophes and Eucatastrophes

Before I get to my surprise, you will have to wade through this mess of thoughts, unless of course, you cheat and skip over it and go to the end. I wouldn't blame you cause that is probably what I might do. But then again, I might just wade through the cherry jello to get to the slice of banana. You truly cannot appreciate the slice of the banana unless you taste it with the jello. Life is a Pinata Party Truly living life is a giant pinata party. We bang the thing blindfolded. We sense its swing; feel the brush against our hair, and so we take a whack again. Again, we do a round-about and swing; and we can hear the rope pull the pinata zipping up and down as if it were alive and trying to escape our baton's collision. And then suddenly, with that mysterious crack like close lightening, a shower of sweet delights rain down upon our head. Pinatas are interesting because they represent our desire to conquer the "seven deadly sins:" Pride, envy, anger, sloth, g

Pro Life Saint Doesn't Have to Be Saintly to the Devil

[In Response to an Opinion Piece in the Albuquerque Journal by   JOLINE GUTIERREZ KRUEGER / JOURNAL STAFF WRITER Tuesday, May 28th, 2019 at 12:02am https://www.abqjournal.com/1320926/prolife-saint-not-saintly-to-all.html?fbclid=IwAR3Hrl8HMhaTp64k4c9RVLZ3KnC5V9YEFvn2WKDk_ch1kWrGw55XKx6B1i0 Whether Phil Leahy is a truly saintly man may indeed be a matter of opinion, but that he had the right to stand and voice his beliefs in accordance with laws, is without question. And no one had a right to do violence upon him because of a difference of opinion. A good journalist would have recognized that right; and a journalistically trained editorial writer would have defended Mr. Leahy’s right. To mimic the headline of the “Leahy is not a Saint at all” article, Southwestern Women's Options Clinic is not a clinic to all. It doesn’t heal. It destroys. Its perpetrator, Dr. Curtis Boyd is no Doctor either. He destroys late term babies that will have their futures ended by having the