Skip to main content

The Devil's Disparate Desparateness

Dear Deacon Tom: I gather you were not too pleased with my last response. However, I don’t aim to be popular (at least not on the surface of things.)


Things are heating up in the world today. Even so, I try my best to influence your species to do “the right thing”. So before you “write me off”, please know I am very persistent. I’m a pest so to speak. How can I convince you to join the world crowd in accepting the inevitable “new world order” within your souls? They can’t all be wrong. You ask: “And what is that new world order?”
Well I am here to tell you that the new world order is not reflected on CNN or Fox News, but rather it’s in the palm of your hands. It’s in every Facebook message, text or email you receive. It’s in every dollar that is paid over the internet. It’s in every sense of security that you have when you conduct your business in Myber (Cyber) Space. Agreements no longer depend upon a human handshake, solemn oaths, written contracts with real signatures, and face to face dialogue. It worked for my good friend Dr. Faustus. But not anymore! This is the new world of “spirit” or let me say, “virtual reality. This is “my” world order.  You, deacon, are all too headstrong in holding on to your old ways. Go with the flow!


In order to best take advantage of my advice you first have to quit seeing me as trying to harm you. But I take it you blame me for beheadings and burnings in the Middle East.  While I do have a place for knives and flames in my repertoire, I am not the author of political correctness when it comes to radical Islam. Rather, I think the author is some former Harvard Grad who I really can’t claim credit for simply because he’s accomplished a lot on his own and the dude is doing extremely well for himself. At a recent prayer breakfast he blamed it all on the Inquisition and Crusades. I happen to agree. At the same time, I stand with the leaders in Congress who say that the Prime Minister in Israel is inciting war.
 

Here’s the scoop. War is necessary and effective. Postponement of war is the blockade to the unification of your species because there will always be some twit out there like a Hitler, Saddam, Stalin, and Son of Sam as if they give me competition. I am more subtle than that. I am your species’ salvation. The guy who supposedly died on a cross 2000 years ago is dead. The purported stories of his resurrection are fictitious. I leave it there for now, especially that I have given some hot political commentary on current events. Know that I am following you wherever you go and am very interested in your making it in the world.    Peace.  Your BFF     Luce 


To the reader: We are pretty close now to the time of the year where we memorialize a person, a single, solitary life, of the “guy from Nazareth” Luce refers to. No other single, solitary life in history has affected more aspects of our being, of history and time, of our potential for good, and our potential for survival in the face of the most difficult of circumstances. Life always overcomes death. Faith overcomes doubt. Light always dissipates darkness and nothing in this world makes sense without walking through a transitory darkness to arrive at the moment wherein we see the unseen and know we live forever. Our human consciousness moves into an eternal sphere of living of our own choosing. The only catch is that the choice of thumbs up or down is made before eternity begins. I’m not certain it is worth my while to continue my open conversation with Luce. He is vague and unwieldy. He is dubious. He is the prince of lies, of smoke and mirrors. I’m not certain I have what it takes to “dance with the devil”. So I may just disengage our correspondence hoping that whatever has been laid out before is a useful sample of Luce’s illusive and almost attractive offers. Luce’s offers will undoubtedly be persistent as he hopes to catch me off guard or as he hopes to tire me out. He is much too dismissive of the person of Jesus. Please note that he calls Him the “guy from Nazareth” because Luce cannot get himself to utter that ubiquitous name. 

As we will soon head into Holy Week, I want you to contemplate this one solitary life of Jesus as pivotal for all aspects of human existence:   I almost wish Jesus would write to me directly. Perhaps I may be surprised in the near future, but that might be just a little too much to expect. And then again, that is certainly a conclusion Luce would have me come too. Of course, I doubt seriously Jesus would write me a traditional letter, but then again, isn’t that what the Bible is? All in all, I’m prepared to be surprised by the one the Devil dismisses so casually.  Ugh! The devil would have me entertained by the Easter Bunny. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11, 2001, A Tuesday, Not a Day Like Anyother

  On September 11th 2001, a Tuesday, I was set to fly to Washington, D.C. for the first gathering of the inductees to the Excellence in Government Fellows. We were to meet on Wednesday, September 12th at the Willard Hotel for the initial ceremonies and series of week long events for those of us from across the nation who were to participate. I originally had my flight on the Monday before, September 10, but decided to switch my flight. If I had departed that Monday, I would have been in the middle of it all. I remember getting up early that day since the American Airlines flight was to depart from Albuquerque for Atlanta at 8 a.m. with a connecting flight to Ronald Reagan International in D.C. later that afternoon. It was still dark outside when my Red 1998 Dodge Ram Quad Cab pulled into the extended parking area. I travel light so I had two bags. Took the shuttle from extended parking and the sun still was not near its rising point. It was about 6 a.m. I got to the airport, and

Life: Pinata Parties, Catastrophes and Eucatastrophes

Before I get to my surprise, you will have to wade through this mess of thoughts, unless of course, you cheat and skip over it and go to the end. I wouldn't blame you cause that is probably what I might do. But then again, I might just wade through the cherry jello to get to the slice of banana. You truly cannot appreciate the slice of the banana unless you taste it with the jello. Life is a Pinata Party Truly living life is a giant pinata party. We bang the thing blindfolded. We sense its swing; feel the brush against our hair, and so we take a whack again. Again, we do a round-about and swing; and we can hear the rope pull the pinata zipping up and down as if it were alive and trying to escape our baton's collision. And then suddenly, with that mysterious crack like close lightening, a shower of sweet delights rain down upon our head. Pinatas are interesting because they represent our desire to conquer the "seven deadly sins:" Pride, envy, anger, sloth, g

Pro Life Saint Doesn't Have to Be Saintly to the Devil

[In Response to an Opinion Piece in the Albuquerque Journal by   JOLINE GUTIERREZ KRUEGER / JOURNAL STAFF WRITER Tuesday, May 28th, 2019 at 12:02am https://www.abqjournal.com/1320926/prolife-saint-not-saintly-to-all.html?fbclid=IwAR3Hrl8HMhaTp64k4c9RVLZ3KnC5V9YEFvn2WKDk_ch1kWrGw55XKx6B1i0 Whether Phil Leahy is a truly saintly man may indeed be a matter of opinion, but that he had the right to stand and voice his beliefs in accordance with laws, is without question. And no one had a right to do violence upon him because of a difference of opinion. A good journalist would have recognized that right; and a journalistically trained editorial writer would have defended Mr. Leahy’s right. To mimic the headline of the “Leahy is not a Saint at all” article, Southwestern Women's Options Clinic is not a clinic to all. It doesn’t heal. It destroys. Its perpetrator, Dr. Curtis Boyd is no Doctor either. He destroys late term babies that will have their futures ended by having the