Skip to main content

Good and Evil Like Soup and Sandwich


My pen-pest, Luce, gave me some rambling advice last week regarding the entire hubbub going on in the world. He touched on Pope Francis, gay marriage, the end of the world, the Planet Nibiru and the ancient question of tasting evil. He writes:

Dear Deacon:

I am so happy that the world is evolving the way it is. I like the way Pope Francis says something and it seems to morph into what I like. I like the fact that it upsets some and gladdens others. Isn’t that the essence of fun? It’s like a great food fight.  

The supreme court is very much “dead on” regarding allowing people to be happy in their choice of life partners and I love the fact that the Church, while seeming to hold to its antiquated stand, embraces the rainbow of love that you all have wanted since my first conversation with Eve in the garden. You know, as Pope Francis said, “who am I to judge!” I’ll be in Philly when he comes hoping his words will continue to be taken hostage for the good of my oppressed. I’ll bet you didn’t know the oppressed really belong to me.

In my first conversations with your ancestors (before they were rudely evicted from Eden) I told them they had a right to know the taste of both good and evil. Ever had sweet and sower pork? Ever had grapes in a chicken sandwich? Well that’s how it is with the tastes of good and evil. Good and Evil are like "soup and sandwich, anytime or weather; soup and sandwich go together," as the song goes. In the end evil is necessary to make something taste good. Can’t you see?

And now there is all this talk that because the Supreme Court made its decision to hold County Clerks across the nation “to the fire,” the end of the world is at hand. I love all this hyper talk about the Planet Nibiru and the prophecies of the coming doom. The YouTube videos of the coming doomsday are boring compared to watching all the unrest and squirming going on of all the new agers and church groups watching the propaganda of the coming end of the world. There are YouTube videos on the coming “Three Days of Darkness,” “Planet Nibiru’s planned trajectory from behind the sun and how we will see the “two suns” soon on the horizon. You can tell I love YouTube.

By the way, the end of the world has nothing to do with gay marriage or global warming, with President Obama, or Donald Trump for that matter – I do love that man by the way. He is so honest and y’all are just itching for true honesty in politicians. Trump appropriately has found the scapegoat that will blossom into a national catharsis. Beating on the immigrant, especially those from Mexico will catalyze support across the board for a future president who has no religious convictions that he’s aware of -- My kind of guy. 

Sorry for my ramblings Deacon, but there is lots to contemplate. Deacon, you can’t be serious about “hating” the way you do. If you continue to teach what the Church teaches about gay marriage, you are a “hater.” You will lose lots of friends and eventually, no one will listen to you much less read your column.

Come over to my side. By loving the activity your church advocates against, you will love those who do those things. Love what you call sin; and voila, you will love the sinner too! Don’t you see the logic? 

You can’t have happiness inside a jail cell, especially if its for some ridiculous pietistic and even hypocritical stunt to promote some political moral standard. Bend a little; compromise a little. You can taste good even in the midst of what others call bad. All you have to do is change the meaning of words – that’s all it takes. My point is this: Sacrifice is a bad word. Compromise is a good word. Sacrifice brings things into conflict; Compromise leads to peace. So Deacon, stop hating. Remember, there is no evil other than your stubbornness to evolve into a “total modern being”.  Blessings and curses haha!    Your True Friend -- Luce

To the Reader: My only response is, run the other way --- considering the source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 11, 2001, A Tuesday, Not a Day Like Anyother

  On September 11th 2001, a Tuesday, I was set to fly to Washington, D.C. for the first gathering of the inductees to the Excellence in Government Fellows. We were to meet on Wednesday, September 12th at the Willard Hotel for the initial ceremonies and series of week long events for those of us from across the nation who were to participate. I originally had my flight on the Monday before, September 10, but decided to switch my flight. If I had departed that Monday, I would have been in the middle of it all. I remember getting up early that day since the American Airlines flight was to depart from Albuquerque for Atlanta at 8 a.m. with a connecting flight to Ronald Reagan International in D.C. later that afternoon. It was still dark outside when my Red 1998 Dodge Ram Quad Cab pulled into the extended parking area. I travel light so I had two bags. Took the shuttle from extended parking and the sun still was not near its rising point. It was about 6 a.m. I got to the airport, and

Life: Pinata Parties, Catastrophes and Eucatastrophes

Before I get to my surprise, you will have to wade through this mess of thoughts, unless of course, you cheat and skip over it and go to the end. I wouldn't blame you cause that is probably what I might do. But then again, I might just wade through the cherry jello to get to the slice of banana. You truly cannot appreciate the slice of the banana unless you taste it with the jello. Life is a Pinata Party Truly living life is a giant pinata party. We bang the thing blindfolded. We sense its swing; feel the brush against our hair, and so we take a whack again. Again, we do a round-about and swing; and we can hear the rope pull the pinata zipping up and down as if it were alive and trying to escape our baton's collision. And then suddenly, with that mysterious crack like close lightening, a shower of sweet delights rain down upon our head. Pinatas are interesting because they represent our desire to conquer the "seven deadly sins:" Pride, envy, anger, sloth, g

Pro Life Saint Doesn't Have to Be Saintly to the Devil

[In Response to an Opinion Piece in the Albuquerque Journal by   JOLINE GUTIERREZ KRUEGER / JOURNAL STAFF WRITER Tuesday, May 28th, 2019 at 12:02am https://www.abqjournal.com/1320926/prolife-saint-not-saintly-to-all.html?fbclid=IwAR3Hrl8HMhaTp64k4c9RVLZ3KnC5V9YEFvn2WKDk_ch1kWrGw55XKx6B1i0 Whether Phil Leahy is a truly saintly man may indeed be a matter of opinion, but that he had the right to stand and voice his beliefs in accordance with laws, is without question. And no one had a right to do violence upon him because of a difference of opinion. A good journalist would have recognized that right; and a journalistically trained editorial writer would have defended Mr. Leahy’s right. To mimic the headline of the “Leahy is not a Saint at all” article, Southwestern Women's Options Clinic is not a clinic to all. It doesn’t heal. It destroys. Its perpetrator, Dr. Curtis Boyd is no Doctor either. He destroys late term babies that will have their futures ended by having the